Tasting Room/Retail Manager
We are currently hiring for the full-time position of Tasting Room/Retail Manager who will report to winery Owner/Operator. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a team focused on offering memorable customer service experiences and have a proven track record of achieving sales and financial goals. Please find job description and qualifications below.
Responsible for all aspects of the sales and tasting room management, including but not limited to:
- Providing an exemplary tasting room guest experience including hosting wine tastings, sharing knowledge regarding our story, philosophy, wines and vineyards
- Motivating and managing both full and part time staff, their duties, productiveness and scheduling
- Build and manage the tasting room team and provide leadership and coaching throughout the year
- Responsible for all relevant ordering, inventory control and printed materials related to the retail/tasting room.
- Work closely with key staff on event planning/execution and wine/barrel club and on-line sales initiatives
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and presentation of the tasting room and its team
- Respond to email correspondence, sponsorship requests, and any other general inquiries
- Handling all customer complaints professionally and proactively
- Represent winery at off-site events, tastings and venues as required
- Comply with all health and safety regulations with assistance of owners
- Achieving set sales and financial goals
- Responsible for licensee sales and management
- Build and maintain positive relationships with community partners to drive traffic to the tasting room
- Overseeing additional sales channels including Farmers’ Markets, seasonal shows and sales opportunities
Application qualifications include:
- Professional warm and welcoming personal presentation
- Three or more year’s prior management experience with a proven ability to be an effective, innovative and enthusiastic leader.
- Dynamic, outgoing andmotivated with the capabilities to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills, project and time management skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft office software with concise verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within the wine industry considered an asset
- Basic Food Safety, First Aid, and Serve Right certification are considered an asset
- Must be available to work evenings, and weekends, and holidays as required
- Able to stand for long periods, and lifting up to 40lbs
Team Member Compensation:
- Each team member has the opportunity and is expected to be involved in many aspects of running a small winery
- Planters Ridge Winery offers competitive wages with full employee benefits
If you are interested in joining the team at Planters Ridge Winery please email your resume to email@example.com
TASTE THE TRADITION AND PASSION IN EVERY BOTTLE
1441 Church Street, Port Williams, NS - 902-542-2711 - www.plantersridge.ca