Vineyard and Winery Assistant
Planters Ridge Winery is a premium artisanal winery in the Annapolis Valley using state of the art equipment to craft our wines. Previous vintage cellar work would be considered an asset. This position could lead to a full-time position for the right person.
- Assist in all aspects of the vineyard operation including, but not limited to, pruning, tying, tucking, thinning and tractor operation.
- Assist in all cellar operations including, but not limited to, receiving grapes, de-stemming, pressing, operation of pumps, filters, temperature controls and bottling.
- Work with on-site Winemaker Vineyard Manager – related to all aspects of grape growing and winemaking. Conduct laboratory testing throughout grape growing and wine processing-.
- Help prepare the wines prior to bottling by assisting in tasting, blending, fining, filtration and laboratory testing and participate in procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of winery.
- Actively maintain a clean, orderly, and safe laboratory work area while observing all safety rules.
- Maintain written procedures for cellar operations, equipment operation, and safety training.
- Generate and maintain written records of grape harvest and maintain all records of laboratory tests.
- Be capable and willing to participate in physically demanding tasks, at times.
- Be organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task and adapt.
- Have efficient understanding of spreadsheet applications (such as Microsoft Excel) for the proper handling/archiving of all data collected in the work environment.
- During the busy-times of harvest and bottling, display flexibility regarding the possibility of a temporary work schedule outside standard business hours.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have good people skills and the ability to interact with the public.
Team Member Compensation:
- Planters Ridge Winery offers competitive wages. Wage will be based on education and experience.
TASTE THE TRADITION AND PASSION IN EVERY BOTTLE
1441 Church Street
Port Williams, NS B0P 1T0